Sports brand licensing is a $20 billion global industry. It provides access into a lucrative fan market, where the sport and team popularity can translate into significant product sales.
Licensing4Profits just released it’s latest Licensing Opportunity Report – Sports Brand Licensing. It provides an overview of the sports brand licensing business, top product categories, the different types of sports brands, niche opportunities and spotting the key trends, giving you the inside information you need to get into the sports licensing game.
In the US, sports brand licensing generated over $600 million in royalty revenues in 2014, according to the latest report by the Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association. Licensed merchandise sells in just about every retail distribution channel from mass merchandise to specialty stores. Some of the biggest licensed brands in the US include professional baseball, football, basketball, hockey, automotive racing and golf, as well as colleges and universities. Internationally, professional soccer dominates the sports brand licensing market.
Here’s what you’ll learn about during this 30 minute audio presentation:
- The top sports brand licensed product categories
- How to decide which products are best for your licensing goals
- The difference between licensing a sports league brand and a sporting goods brand
- How to use a sports license to expand your distribution into new markets
- Understanding the difference between evergreen vs event-driven licensing opportunities
- Where to find the hidden niche licensing opportunities inside the big sports brands
- How to find big sports brand licensing opportunities for the small business
- How to get a big sports brand without the big licensing price
- How to use a new invention to get a sports brand license
- How to spot new sports trends and use licensing to capitalize on them
- How to turn a short-term sports event into a long-term licensing opportunity
The sports industry is big business spanning the field of products and services from food and memorabilia stands at the stadium, to media rights and sponsorship’s. Major teams and organizations around the world now recognize that licensing is a big part of their sports franchise and brand.
This report will give you insight on the different opportunities sports brands offer to reach the lucrative market of sports fans on a local, national and global basis. It discusses how licensing let’s you take advantage of their broad consumer awareness, live games, on-going advertising and a growing fan base to reach new markets and drive products sales.
Click here to order the Sports Brands Licensing Opportunity Report.
Rand Brenner is an IP professional whose passion is helping inventors, startups, and businesses of all sizes use licensing to turn their IP into income-producing products, services, and technologies. His decades of experience run the gamut from medical devices to food technology to consumer products. He’s licensed some of the biggest Hollywood entertainment blockbusters including the Batman Movies (1 and 2), and the number one kid’s action TV show, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Rand speaks about licensing and is a featured speaker at investment conferences, trade shows, colleges and startup events. He’s a published writer with articles appearing in several prestigious trade magazine including The Licensing Journal, Intellectual Property Magazine, and License India. Rand also mentors at the Cal State Fullerton School of Business and Economics and is a judge for their startup business plan competitions.